Reading is bae !!!

My love for reading started from my early childhood. Being that I was the only child of my parents, I didn't have siblings to play and fight with. I also didn't have much friends. My dad was a lecturer  teaching The use of English in Yabatech polytechnic and he was always reading novels and literature texts and I was always wondering what he found so interesting in those books. 
There was a time curiosity pushed me to pick up one of the recommended texts for his students and I began to read. I  found it fascinating!
My mind became tuned to see the world in a different manner from my peers. I was still in the primary school at this time. It goes without saying that reading novels helped me in my academics tremendously. I had knowledge outside what I was taught in the classroom .
I started with African novels. Books by authors like Chukwuemeka Ike,  Wole Shoyinka, China Achebe, Festus Iyayi , Anthony Anierobi, Chire Andrew and the likes. 
Gradually as I grew and as my vocabulary and mind broadened I began to read novels by foreign authors. By the time I was in my junior secondary school I was an addict! Even during examinations I could still be found reading novels. 
There was this incident while I was in JSS2 when my hostel mistress found a pile of novels on my bed and reported to my mum that I should be monitored, that the kind of novels I was reading was too much for my age. I actually found that hilarious. 
 Reading has other advantages apart from academic improvement. It gives insight on other cultures and religions. It makes you understand people and the way they think,  it even takes you places you have not and might never visit. 
Reading is basically importing knowledge into yourself. There's this saying that if you want to hide something from a black man,  put it in a book. This is because of the high rate of illiteracy in Africa and the reluctance of people to pick up a book unless faced with an exam
There are different types of books, those for pure entertainment,  motivational and inspirational, educational texts,  and many more. 
I personally don't fancy reading inspirational books because I believe all I need to inspire and motivate me is visible around me. Just look around and you'll get the motivation you need. 
Then talking about novels,  there are just so many kinds to pick from,  according to your taste. There are books on romance,  mystery,  thrillers,  sci-fic,  fantasy, historical fiction,  suspense.  All you need is a great sense of imagination and you are good to go! 
Gone are the days when the excuse for not reading is the inability to purchase books. Now,  you can download or read almost any book online. 
Infact   in the spirit of the season, I'm gonna give you guys a chance to read this lovely book . The title is angels and demons by Dan Brown.  Hmmmmmmmm..... before you start thinking otherwise,  the book doesn't include any angels and demons. Never judge a book by its cover or rather by its title 

This is a book you can actually judge from its appearance. Isn't it creepy the way the cover looks the same both upright and upside down?? 😱


Click here to view the book

Wishing all my readers a Merry merry Christmas!  ðŸŽ‰ 

However, I feel this page is best viewed with chrome browser

Comments

  1. Kudos my treasure!
    I pray that the source of your inspiration will not run dry in Jesus' name _____?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop your comments here 😊

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy