One of those days...



Ikr... It's been a while. A really long while...
Today just happened to be one of those days. Woke up with a pounding head and no desire to get out of bed. Unfortunately, I had to. A mountain of bowls and containers from last night's party were awaiting me. The stink of stale stew emanating from them was already making my weak stomach threaten to bring back what's left of yesterday's dinner .

Clothes in a pile that they had been tossed by a tired me. My room was an housewives' nightmare.
Dragged my lazy ass up to attack the work ahead.
Two hours later, the room was relatively clean and a pot of rice was boiling on the hot plate.
Then I remembered a friend I promised a visit today. Oh Mehn! I just gotta go. Been postponing the visit for long enough. But that was till evening so for now, I'll just sleep like the lazy babe I am. Gobbled up a plate of rice, popped some pills and went back to bed at about 11am.
My alarm woke me about an hour later but I just put it off. I don't even know why I bother to set these alarms sef.  Back to la-la land.
The sound of my phone woke me about 2 hours later. My dear friend calling to ask if i was still planning to visit. I confirmed directions to his place and hung up.
Dragging myself outta bed for the second time today seemed more difficult than the first time.
Well, I finally did. Freshened up, threw clothes on and headed to my friend's crib.
I'll be skipping the details of the visit coz he's one crazy guy (I hope he reads this) . On a more serious note, he's a great guy. I'm jealous of that his girlfriend. Some gals  are just lucky sha!
Thoughts like these ran through my mind and reminded me of my loneliness. I'm not quite used to it. It's depressing kinda.
Talked to another mumu friend of mine about it. He said and I quote "go and get a guy now" ,as if they sell them at yaba market.
I'm at a party and I can't even enjoy it. Coz even in a crowd, I still feel lonely. Isn't that just sad? 😥😥😣

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy