Writings of an amateur poet.... 4

Missing a brother,  missing a friend. 😢
Having your dad as a friend is one of the greatest gifts you can have as a child. The closeness, the playful fights, always missed;  never forgotten. 

It's been 4 years since you went to rest in the Lord. It seems just like yesterday, that morning you left the house and never came back alive. I still remember the times spent together (15 years no be beans o😊)
It also seems like ages cos after your departure I've understood what it means to be the only child.  No siblings, nobody to gist about school crushes,  no nothing........ 
The world seemed empty without you. I kept expecting someone to laugh and tell me the whole thing was a prank. I even contemplated suicide at a point. Everything I saw reminded me of you..... 
 It was in this state of mind I wrote the piece INSPIRED BY SORROW.  After a while, I thought  ''what would my dad want me to do? ''. I decided to get on with my life and make you proud. It hasn't been easy; adversary on every front even unexpected ones. But by His grace,  all things are working together for good....

Inspired by sorrow 
I'll forever miss you
for no one can ever fill 
the vacuum you left in my heart

You left me in a state of delirium
Hating life,  loosing hope

Your passing away has 
made me lose the chutzpah 
you taught me to have

                Adieu Daddy 
Rest in the bosom of the Lord till we meet again. I promise to make you proud   

Never stopped loving you.......😘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy